Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Never Smile at a Crocodile....




Never smile at a crocodile
No, you can't get friendly with a crocodile
Don't be taken in by his friendly grin
He's imagining how well you'd fit beneath his skin (Rolf ha ha has)
Never smile at a crocodile
Never dip your hat and stop to talk awhile
Never run, walk away, say good-night, not good-day
Clear the aisle but never smile at Mister Crocodile
You may very well be well bred
Lots of etiquette in your head
But there's always some special case, time or place
To forget etiquette

(Spoken by Rolf)

Lets look up crocodile in the book
(clears throat) here it says ..
One positively must not wear a pleased expression on ones countenance when confronted by that large, lizard like, amphibious reptile which has long jaws, armored skin and webbed feet and which is known as ... the c r o c o d i l e.
It has been discovered that one simply cannot cherish an amicable and trustworthy relationship with the aforementioned species ... ohh! this is interesting!
In addition it is mandatory that one does not become irresistibly drawn into the erroneous belief that the lateral, open extension of his jaws means that you are utterly welcome. It is much more reasonable to assume that he is contemplating how you would look in a lizard suit ... hiiiis ... eh ha ha ha mmm

(Song resumes with three tic tocs)

Never smile at a crocodile
No, you can't get friendly with a crocodile
Don't be taken in by his friendly grin
He's imagining how well you'd fit beneath his skin
Where have I told you that before?
Never smile at a crocodile
Never tip your hat and stop to talk awhile
Dont be rude, never mock, throw a kiss, not a rock
But clear the aisle and never smile at Mister Crocodile
Look run a mile bet never smile at Mr. Croc-o-dile
Hey watch out! here comes one now!!!!

They call songs like this 'brain worms' because they can stick around your mental closet for years and dominate your thoughts for HOURS when they resurface. This is the one that's been bugging me for the last week or two...

Though the specific version I 'hear' is from the Muppet Show, which you can see on this page...[presuming you can put up with the loud commercial they put in front of it].

& Yes, I have the Muppet Show seasons on dvd. DH knows they make good prezzies for me :D
Too bad Season 4 isn't expected until next year.

There's no Muppet or crocodilian reason for me to think about it. I am not into crocodiles (or alligators). I honestly have no idea /why/ it keeps occurring to me when I should be dreaming about eggnog, but since NaNoWriMo is finally over and I am taking a night's break before preparing my Christmas story, I thought it might be fun to share my current brain worm with you. ;)

No that's okay, you don't have to thank me now. I am sure you will do that later when it plays in your dreams at 3 a.m.

=D

1 comment:

Rebehm said...

Yeah, it is pretty well done. :)

Jack watched it with me. He doesn't much like the crocs, though.