Friday, October 12, 2007

Severely ODDmentz

Sometimes blog-hopping leads in some very weird directions. Like this quiz from Joel & Ricki's blog...

(lightly edited. NOTE! The code changes in blogger! In fact, every time I used the 'compose' window, the code expanded to about 3x the size & the little red bars ceased to work. Fellow bloggers: You will do best to publish any quizzes from this site from 'edit html' window.)

How will I die?
Your Result: You will die while saving someone's life.
 

The most noble of all deaths. Your rewards will be great in the next life. You are most definitely a humanitarian. If not currently, you will be. To give one's life is a precious moment that will be remembered by friends and family for many decades.

You will die while laughing too hard.
 
You will be murdered by your evil universe twin.
 
You will die in a nuclear holocaust begun by the Daleks after traveling to the end of the universe.
 
You will die in your sleep when HAL malfunctions.
 
You will die from a terminal illness caught on Deep Space 9.
 
You will die in a car accident running over ET.
 
You will die of boredom at Vogon poetry convention.
 
How will I die?
Create a Quiz




Also from Ricki...
The weirdest Bible translation yet:: LOLCat (warning: some verses are PG) Aside from the humor aspect, its not a great 'modern' Bible, but I don't think they are actively blasphemous. The verses I read kept most of the basic thoughts)

Recently watched some amusing, surreal videos after visiting one blog and getting directed over to StrongBad's Email box. Not too naughty either - from the ones I have checked so far. Just the occasional bit of mildly bad language/bad behavior etc. A fellow blogger pointed out that the latest Strongbad 'web comic' gave you even more fun when you clicked certain words on the last screen/page. This turns out to be true of most of the comics. When the cartoon stops, click words or objects you see on screen. On 'bike thief' - click the word 'safe' when it stops :))


And one fellow adventure gamer found Garfield's Scavenger Hunts to be worthwhile (mouseover the house in the middle of the page). Its not from a blog, but weird fun nevertheless. How many games ask you to swat spiders until they give up their doughnuts? If you win Scavenger Hunt 2, you can get a fairly innocent Halloween screensaver.

& This is the first quiz I have seen (on a regular quiz site) that checked my Bible literacy. Thanks, Amy!

You know the Bible 100%!

Wow! You are awesome! You are a true Biblical scholar, not just a hearer but a personal reader! The books, the characters, the events, the verses - you know it all! You are fantastic!

Ultimate Bible Quiz
Create MySpace Quizzes


Woohoo! I got them all right!

What Be Your Nerd Type?
Your Result: Literature Nerd
 

Does sitting by a nice cozy fire, with a cup of hot tea/chocolate, and a book you can read for hours even when your eyes grow red and dry and you look sort of scary sitting there with your insomniac appearance? Then you fit this category perfectly! You love the power of the written word and it's eloquence; and you may like to read/write poetry or novels. You contribute to the smart people of today's society, however you can probably be overly-critical of new works.

It's okay. I understand.

Artistic Nerd
 
Social Nerd
 
Drama Nerd
 
Gamer/Computer Nerd
 
Science/Math Nerd
 
Anime Nerd
 
Musician
 
What Be Your Nerd Type?
Quizzes for MySpace




Guess you won't be surprised to hear I just found a few more books today? I will probably head off from this computer to go read the Jared Diamond's "Collapse." Seems gloomy enough for the season ^_^

2 comments:

Jenster said...

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your comments and actually addressed them in today's post. I don't usually talk about such personal things on my blog, though. I hope you come back when things are more light hearted. :o)

I loved these quizzes. I got 100% on the Bible quiz, too. Now I have the big head and no doubt will be put in my place before I get to bed tomorrow night.

Hope to see you again soon.

Jen

Anonymous said...

We love Strongbad!

Jo