Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's day!

We're having a quiet Father's day weekend. Dinner is roast chicken, stuffing, & gravy. Tom has already opened his presents & seems to enjoy them. His Dad is having a good day too. I don't need to blog to tell them anything, but its worthwhile to say again

Blessings on all the dedicated Dads still in the world!
You are more important than you know!



I hadn't quite realized until I read it in the paper today that the movement for Father's Day began in Spokane, Washington. I knew Myst was made there, and I'd even read somewhere that at least two of the early Zork programmers had attended the University of Washington nearby before going on to Infocom fame at MIT. I knew the Whitman mission was close to that area (but closer to Walla Walla, apparently). Their main guy was Spokane Garry. I just hadn't connected Father's Day with the place. According to this article, its because they don't make a big deal about it. I could believe that. The native population is a fairly understated bunch, rather reserved.



[Click the image and you will be able to send this or another free e-card to your Dad]

The curious can see what else Spokane has going for it on this site.
Its not terribly flashy either, but it gets the job done

No comments: