Tuesday, April 17, 2007

An Ill Wind...

"That's an ill wind that blows no one any good" ~ That was all I could think when I heard what happened.

Those of you who know me, know I am a Virginian so let me start by saying that my family is fine. My daughter hasn't gone to college yet and was nowhere near the tragedy at VA Tech. The storm left us alone aside from a few brief power outages. All we got out of it was a need to eat up the ice cream - not exactly onerous duty. Although the college is a quite popular one in our area, no one we knew well had a child up there this year, and no houses were damaged here by the storm.

It is still pretty sad stuff though. Folks in New England & New York, Kentucky & a number of other places have now seen weather that is at least as bad as any tropical system. The winds were gale force near Blacksburg when the shooter began - which compounded the tragedy when rescuers realized that Nightingale flights were out of the question. Listened to some of the stories of the victims and the survivors. It was impossible not to cry. So senseless.

Just read that one person who has been on machines for a year has been taken off the transplant list thanks to the generosity of one of those who perished in the shootings.

Well, okay, someone got something good out of it.

May God bless these beloved departed to rest in His peace.

No comments: