Monday, June 05, 2006

Surveying the Scene

1. Grab the book nearest to you,
Turn to page 18, and find line 4...

"1 Tablespoon of dried oregano"



2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can.
What can you touch?

Becka's artist's easel

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?

"In Search of Eden" w/ Dr David Rohl (unless you count Spyro: A Hero's Tale on the GC)





4. Without looking, guess what time it is. 5:16 p.m.

5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time? 5:36 p.m.

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Zola Levitt documentary on Ezekial & our fussing peach-faced lovebird

7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Tom & I were out a few minutes ago, coming in from taking care of a few things around the county. We spent a few minutes watching the black-capped chickadee who was dancing on our clothesline.

8. Before you started this survey, what were you doing?
checking my mail

9. What are you wearing? a homemade, black crepe cotton skirt & a new dark blue cotton top

10. Did you dream last night? I can't remember exactly what I dreamed last night. All I can recall was that it was pleasant enough. Sorry to disappoint you.

I did have this weird dream recently. In it I was visiting a friend's house in Victorian London and noticed a wriggling oriental carpet by the front door. A couple of roughs said they were going to be picking it up in a minute. Concerned, I cut it open and found a detective half-asphyxiated inside. I exchanged 'Sherlock' with a pile of linen and hid him in linen cupboard until after the other men left. After he recovered, we tried to find out how he ended up in that situation. I got to ride old steam locomotives, wear period costumes, explore quaint villages for clues etc. No sense of real danger so it was all fun.



Yes, I dream in color.

11. When did you last laugh?
This morning during breakfast. Someone had accidentally mooshed some bread I was going to use for toast. It looked pretty silly

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
A framed crochet fan, 2 crochet framed doilies, an antique gilt-framed chalk image of an angel by a stream in a forest (probably done by a relation), an oil representation of an ancester (in an even older gilt frame), an antique illuminated Madonna print, Jesus knocking on the door (modern), an antique image of Jesus praying, and a wonderful sketch of Jesus with tears in His eyes for the lost. (Much of this is my Mom's.)


13. Seen anything weird lately?
There are days when everything seems weird...

14. What do you think of this quiz?
I found it different enough from the ones I've already done to interest me. ;-)

15. What is the last film you saw?
in the theater or on dvd? I think the last movie we watched on dvd was "The Day After Tomorrow." I think the last movie I went to see was "The Lion, The Witch, & the Wardrobe." I do expect to go soon & see "Over the Hedge" though

16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, What would you buy first?

To quote the Lord High Executioner from the Mikado, "I have a Little List." (of things I'd upgrade :) I believe I'd start with my sewing machine.


17. Tell us something about you that we didn't know before.

Oh sure, but before I get into that...

"Did you ever hear the joke about the wild boar in the forest of the spirits? Its hehehe so funny hehehe *wwzzsshhhaaxxx*

*sspphhttzzptth* need *zzxxccssh* a new battery *wwiixxzzzcchpptthh*

*sxxzzaapp* and that's the only way to get past him when the time comes. I hope you remember that!"


(Wizard Trembyle from Return to Zork)

18. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be.

If every heart overflowed with love for one another, most of the world's problems could be fixed shortly thereafter.


19. Do you like to dance?
I used to like Messianic (Jewish) line dancing & certain aerobic routines. heh

20. Should Christians get involved in politics?
Like it or not, political powers involve themselves in our affairs, defining freedoms and requirements, so there are times when I'd have to say "yes!"

21. If you could invent anything, what would it be?

A working linking book to to my very own cottage in paradise ;-)



22. If you could go anywhere, where would you go?

There are many places on Earth I'd like to see sometime & several I want to see again.



23. Would you ever consider living abroad?

I haven't seriously considered the matter.

24. What do you want God to say to you
when you meet Him face to face?

Well done! Welcome home!

25. What was the last music you heard?

"You Are My Salvation" by Lamb

3 comments:

Mrs. House Mouse said...

Loved reading your answers, and the additions! Thanks for dropping by... welcome any time!

Salar37_Shushan said...

Glad you enjoyed my answers. I definitely enjoyed your quiz, Mrs Housemouse. :-D

Anonymous said...

great fun!

- Chris